Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: The Beast Is Excited

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Beast Is Excited


I will have the opportunity this year to experience something I have never experienced. I will be viewing the original 1978 John Carpenter's Halloween on the big screen. For two nights only, the film is being released in 125 theatres across the country.

As most of you know by now, Halloween is my favorite movie of all time, not just in the horror genre. I have watched it too many times to count. I own 9 different versions of the original film. And now, for the first time ever, I will be able to view it in the theatre.

It was exciting when Star Wars was re-released and I was able to see that in the theatre, but that pales in comparison to this opportunity. I'm tearing up here.

This just adds more excitement to the 2007 (hopefully) release of the 9th Halloween film, this one directed by Rob Zombie, of whom I am a huge fan. My gut tells me that finally, after years of waiting, the Halloween franchise will provide another solid installment in what has been a rather shaky collection of sequels (Especially 7 and 8, good grief those were bad.) I have faith in Zombie, who has written and directed two of the better horror films in recent years, House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Not to mention he has a song called "Black Sunshine." How cool is that?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched Halloween last night to get in the mood!

October 23, 2006 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Halloweemn mood!

October 23, 2006 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is funny.

October 23, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

LOL

Thanks for the clarification

October 23, 2006 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It worked too.

October 26, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Frank Gillespie said...

Which version is the best in your humble opinion? I've only one version myself.

October 29, 2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

When I watch the film on dvd, I watch the original, widescreen, 25th anniversary edition. The picture is beautiful and crisp. However, I also own a Television version, which includes extra footage shot specifically for the TV version and that is a gem to watch. Halloween is a film that is a must see widescreen. If you watch them side by side, full frame and widescreen, you can really see the difference the widescreen makes.

October 30, 2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home