Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: California Entry #2

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

California Entry #2

As usual, a book could be written on our experiences in California. Looking back on this trip, we did an incredible amount in 5 days. Universal Studios, Disneyland, California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm, and Six Flags were all conquered, not to mention some of the finest eating I will experience all year.

I am working on editing some video footage from our trip. Once that is finished, I will post the final product here at The Lair. Included in that video will be Rex and I giving "thumb ratings" to almost every coaster we rode during our trip. Some were thumbs up and some were thumbs down. Some were "thumbs in between." I hope to have that video online by the end of the week.

I think the best way to capture the essence of our trip is simply by listing my favorite quotes from the trip. Some of these will not make sense to you, but Rex and I will enjoy laughing at them for quite some time to come. So, lets get started.

Lady at Universal Studios: "Where are you guys from?"
Rex: "All around."

Ironman: "Hey Cap, after we are finished here what do you say we hit this rib joint I saw a few miles back?"

Nick Fury: "Now that's just nasty."

Beast: "Neeen-jaaaa!"

Rex: "WHOOAAA MAN! We are going to get shot right off the Log Jammer!" (this quote came during mid-ride of the Log Jammer when we noticed the water level inside the log ride was spilling over the edge of the flume.)

Zeek: "The next time you guys come, you should plan on staying a few extra days and go to Universal Studios and Disneyland." (this was our server at the Claim Jumper restaurant who did not realize he was talking to theme park legends. We just kept our mouths shut.)

Beast: "How long you been in there?"
Joe: "About 45 years." (this was at Knott's Berry Farm where out of nowhere a guy inside a jail cell starts talking to you. Creepy but cool.)

Rex: "Hey Brian, someone just said your name!"
Joe: "BRIAN!"
Brian's Mom: "Come on boys, lets go."

Beast: "We are on our way through Sleeping Beauty Castle"
Rex: "Also known as The Shed."

Finally, here are a few pics from our experiences! Click on the image to see a larger version.









6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hey, whose the chick with the long hair?"

Iron Man: "I don't know, but I hope she likes ribs."

May 22, 2007 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys really are crazy. :) I am glad you are back safe and it certainly appears that you had a great time.

May 22, 2007 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bella said look at Uncle Philips face he is surprised to see Tinkerbell there!

May 22, 2007 3:15 PM  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

#1 - Yeah, I got nothin...possibly the tamest photo ever. I'm disappointed

#2 - Rex is hopeful while in line for the bi-annual "Woody Lookalike Contest" (not pictured: Beast in line for the "Jesse Lookalike Contest")

#3 - "Hey watch this, Beast...let me prove they taste like chicken..."

#3b - "Hey watch this, Beast...I can clap my hands and take the life right back..."

#3c - "Hey Beast, I think that guy behind us lost his fairy." "That's Frankenstein, Rex..."


#4 - Rex realizes to his shock that this time Beast has put hydrogen in his tires. The burning conflagration could be seen for miles and was mistaken by some for early fireworks.

#5 - New this fall on NBC: "Batman and the Pink Ladies"

May 23, 2007 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry, we had been waiting for these. 3c is simply hilarious!

May 23, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

Yep, 3c is unbelievable. I nearly fell out of my office chair.

May 24, 2007 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home