Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: GBC Student Ministry

Friday, August 03, 2007

GBC Student Ministry

God is certainly bringing glory to Himself at Graefenburg Baptist Church. I am blessed to work with a great bunch of teenagers (and adults) and the ministry is just going great.

How is it going great you might ask?

Well, I guess the typical response would be to talk about growth and numbers. The church has recently joined in the student ministry vision to renovate and build to our existing youth facilities, which are pitiful, to produce a nice facility that will properly help us with our youth ministry covenant/purpose. The new facility will have a nice cafe and "connect" area, as well as small group study rooms, as well as a completely new structure for student led worship. The project was calculated at costing $44,000. We raised the money in 2 days.

Is that great? Of course.

But when someone asks me how the youth ministry is going at GBC, which they do quite often, I am thrilled to respond in this way first, before anything else. . .

There are a few, certainly not all, but a few who are getting it. I am currently working with 4 teenagers outside of normal youth group meeting times. Two of us are working through a series of being a "new believer." They are coming to the meetings prepared, with their booklets filled out and eager to discuss their faith. I am working with another couple of students by reading with them through a more advanced book on spiritual disciplines and we are discussing it chapter by chapter. We are baptizing teenagers, students are active in helping lead worship, and I do not mean just during the sanctuary meeting time. We are capable of doing all of this because God is being faithful. I truly believe this will be an important year for the student ministry at GBC, something we would not believe if we had been told.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a church in middle TN that you may be familiar with. It is searching for a pastor. Isn't that interesting? :)

August 03, 2007 1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not surprised at all that the entire amount was raised, but I have to admit that I expected it to take a little longer than two days. Charlene told us how much was given in the special offering on Sunday, so I was definitely surprised to learn that the remainder came so quickly.

Like you, I am encouraged by the spiritual growth and maturity our teenagers are showing. It is good to see God moving in these students because I know they are going to be a great witness for Him that will also strengthen our church

August 03, 2007 10:52 AM  
Blogger stephsorrell said...

Philip~

I KNOW God is doing great things at GBC with the youth. And I had no doubt that all the money would come in. You are an awesome minister. You are not just a youth pastor at GBC you are our Student Pastor. Babies trough Senior Adults are being touched my your ministry. And I also am touched. I feel blessed to call you my minister and my friend. I know GBC Choas group will continue to grow and prosper. God has His hands around them. Pray for our Kingdom Kids too!

Blessings!

August 03, 2007 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beast,

God is using you in so many ways, be encouraged!! This is such a blessing to read. Looking forward to more updates!

AGOG for THE GOD

August 03, 2007 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey beast!

if you haven't already, please read Pastor Steigemeyer's latest post...i know you will enjoy it.

August 04, 2007 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home