Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Jif vs Skippy

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jif vs Skippy


Based a recent comment from my Jif post below, I decided to do an official taste test to see if Jif or Skippy was the better tasting peanut butter. This comes off my recent discovery that Jif is actually better tasting than Peter Pan.

After lining up all three peanut butter jars, I can confidently say that Jif still is the best tasting product. However, Skippy definitely rivals Peter Pan and perhaps would be my second choice.

Today for lunch I am eating a PB&J sandwich, and will probably be eating lots of peanut butter for the next few weeks since I have 3 jars of the stuff.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ruffin said...

The theological question: is Jif better because it was predestined to be so or because of the choices made by the makers of Jif, Peter Pan, and Skippy, or both?

For further debate: chunky or creamy? I'm a chunky guy myself, as are all people of substance.

August 19, 2008 10:27 AM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

The theological answer is that the free choices by the makers of Jif, Peter Pan, and Skippy are compatible with their predestination.

My brother is a chunky kind of guy although I am currently eating creamy. Perhaps after I eat all of my current stash I should revisit the chunky persuasion so that I can better engage in discussion with you.

August 19, 2008 10:46 AM  
Blogger Michael Ruffin said...

Ah, I see. Or does their predestination adapt to the reality of their choices?

Real men eat chunky peanut butter. You can indeed revisit that after you finish off your year's supply of creamy.

August 19, 2008 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jif is better although I have found some of the generic brands to be just as good.

August 19, 2008 4:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you know that Jif has a plant in nearby Lexington, KY? Their sign says they are a division of Smuckers.

August 20, 2008 10:18 PM  
Blogger JenDoh said...

I would like to submit Smuckers Natural peanut butter to your list... it does need to be stirred, but overall, I believe it kicks Jif's posterior... (I don't know if its kosher to say ass on a seminary students blog).

August 29, 2008 8:38 PM  
Blogger NewJerseyJesus said...

How about the organic ones that you need to stir to get all the oils back into the peanut stuff :) It's a little more work and kinda unpleasant to the eye at first...but tastes great also.

September 29, 2008 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home