Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Andi's Birthday

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Andi's Birthday

Wow, was this a fun night. We had such a great time together, which is no surprise. Everytime we are together, life is just simply better. But tonight we went and ate a great little Italian restaurant, it was delicious! Oh wait, before that, we went and bought our first Christmas tree! Tomorrow we plan on decorating it. We start early on our Holiday celebration!

After dinner, we headed to watch the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. If you haven't heard this stuff, you need to check it out. It basically takes classic Christmas music and puts metal guitars behind it. Al Pitrelli is the lead guitarist for the orchestra, and he is terrific. He used to play for Megadeth, one of my biggest influences. But here is the strange thing. . .

The first time I saw TSO, I was blown away. I remember leaving thinking "I am the worst guitar player ever!" Tonight, I left thinking, "I am not at that level, but I can at least somewhat keep up." This is because one of three reasons.
1. I have become a more accomplished guitar player than 3 years ago when I last saw TSO.
2. I have more confidence in my playing than I did 3 years ago.
3. I have become more egocentric than I was 3 years ago.

Whatever the case, it is good to walk away feeling good about where I am in my music and my band. If you haven't heard Devil's Dice by Judah First, I recommend purchasing your copy and see for yourself. . .this really is a pretty good Christian rock band! James Aaron, Chris and Keyth are just simply great musicians.

Anyway, can't wait for this weekend. JF has a show on Saturday and Andi gets to go with me on the road! YAY!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beginning of the end for any band. Wives on the road! Hehe.

November 15, 2005 10:34 AM  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

I videotaped a Christmas special by the Trans-Siberian several years ago, and have never watched it. I'll have to check it out.

It was on PBS right after a Boston Pops Christmas special where they presented a dramatic presentation of "The Grinch" with live narrator and choir. It was great ;)

November 16, 2005 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JF had a wife on the road before and has already shown they can handle it. Shouldn't be a problem.

November 16, 2005 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry, you have got to watch the Trans-Siberian show. It really is unbelievable.

November 16, 2005 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home