Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Um, this could be bad for me. . .

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Um, this could be bad for me. . .

I saw on the news last night that NBC and other major networks are working on providing On Demand viewing of their most popular television shows, including Law & Order. For .99 cents, I would be able to pick and choose any Law & Order episode and view it immediately. I leaped to my feet when I heard the news and shouted to my wife...."An entire 24 hour period of Law & Order for only $24!" (maybe I didn't leap to my feet, but I was excited). Of course, this could mean bad things for my budget.

So, in honor of L&O, the greatest show on television at the moment (Columbo is probably the greatest of all time), I thought I would write for you The Beast's top picks of L&O Characters. Enjoy!

1. Lennie Briscoe. He is the reason I got hooked on the show in the first place. The very first episode I ever watched, a fellow cop told Briscoe to "stick it." Lennie jumps off the desk he was sitting on and runs up to the guys face with this response. . ."stick it where?" How can that ever be topped?

2. Jack McCoy. I am a sucker for people in movies who are the best, unbeatable, the top in their field. Jack comes across as just knowing more than anyone else, and I like that. McCoy once said that Justice is a by-product of winning. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Any thoughts?

3. Adam Schiff. This guy was always getting the bad news, and he just had a way of dealing with it that was hilarious. No other DA has come close to Adam since he left the show. One of my favorite quotes of his: "Quick, lock the door. Someone will walk in with a case we can win."

4. Jamie Ross. She was my favorite of Jack's assistants. I don't really know why, she could act for one thing.

5. Det. Green. This guy is great. He definitely has his own style and you can't help but like him. He has really grown on me.

6. Det. Fontana. He is still very new, and since he took Briscoe's place, I was going to be a very hard fan to please. But, I have a feeling that Fontana will quickly be rising to the top section of my list fairly quickly. He is tough, smart and quick witted.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Ugh. More comment spam. Gotta hate it.

I like L&O okay, but it seems like the stories are too current and ripped-from-the-headlines for me. Once in a while is ok, but constantly is just too much. I'd rather see them stories about issues that have been percolating in the media and culture for a while, but need a fresh approach. Like the one I saw a couple years back about the Middle Eastern guy who was accused of terrorism (I don't know...there may be several eps like that, I haven't seen that many). It could've been a straightforward story about terrorists, but it was more about what Muslims who already live here have to endure after 9/11.

November 09, 2005 2:40 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

The story lines themselves aren't what drive me to the show. The characters, and oddly enough, the absence of their personal lives is what makes me a fan.

Same with Columbo now that I think about it. Some of those plots were downright stupid. But, watching Columbo work and interact is really all that mattered. And his personal life was not really involved.. .he would talk about his wife, but the viewer never sees her.

November 09, 2005 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don't envy myself." Columbo

"You're on the "down low."
Fin Tutuola

"I'm Emil Muzz and I'm a PAGAN. HAHAHAHAHAH...." Streebeck

"Let's play chess." Sheriff Bart

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die."

AHHH, I'm on a quote binge....

November 09, 2005 4:00 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

"I knew you could do it."

November 09, 2005 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How do you like that. Surrounded by geniuses and I didn't even know it."

November 09, 2005 11:38 PM  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Took me a few minutes to recognize the Dragnet quote..

"Look out - Muppets!"

November 10, 2005 12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! account ecommerce merchant puerto rico merchant account Merchant terminal capitol one credit card services Web cams in waikiki Keywordcredit card merchant account Paris hilton flash pic Lamborghini oleodinamica Ringers ring tones download Charleston flowers Account merchant premier processing servic universal web

February 06, 2007 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home