Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Peter Sellers is Inspector Clouseau

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Peter Sellers is Inspector Clouseau


I haven't even seen the movie yet, but I already know that throughout the entire film of The Pink Panther, I will be comparing Steve Martin to Peter Sellers. There is nothing I can do about it, no matter how hard I try. Sellers' portrayal of Inspector Clouseau is one of my all time favorite characters and is one of those things that will literally make me laugh out loud, even when I am by myself, when I think of a good scene from one of the movies.

Roger Ebert had the perfect quote from his review of the movie. I can't say it any better than this, so I will let him speak for me.

"But at every moment in the movie, I was aware that Peter Sellers was Clouseau, and Steve Martin was not. I hadn't realized how thoroughly Sellers and Edwards had colonized my memory. Despite Sean Connery I was able to accept the other James Bonds, just as I understand that different actors might play Hamlet. But there is only one Clouseau, and zat ees zat."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

February 05, 2007 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home