Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: A book a week

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A book a week

I have announced to my wife that as of this week, I will begin reading one book every week. It is a completely random decision on my part, but I have decided that I am missing out on a world of knowledge out there, so I better go to work. The Bible is really my only consistent read, and I have been digesting some Sherlock Holmes as of late, but now my goal is one book a week.

Currently, I am reading "The Da Vinci Code." Up to now, I have stayed away from it. Just the popularity of it alone is enough for me to not be interested. It is kind of like "The Blair Witch Project." I refused to see that movie just on principle, (although I did eventually see it, and it was terrible. Except for the very end, which was rather suspenseful.)

I am already getting swamped with questions at church about "The Da Vinci Code," so I figure I need to read the stinking thing. Andi and I have been having the best evenings together on the couch reading. It has been a nice vacation from television. Once I finish "The Da Vinci Code" I will post a review.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Scott Stiegemeyer said...

I'm preparing a series of powerpoint presentations on the Da Vinci Code that I'd be happy to share with you once I'm done. You could use or adapt.

April 18, 2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

Thank you, I would enjoy seeing it when you are finished.

April 19, 2006 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home