Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: The Beast Receives Some Recognition. . .

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Beast Receives Some Recognition. . .

From a pastor? While most pastors would scoff at the idea of a minister enjoying horror films, Pastor Scott Stiegemeyer has said "well done" to The Beast, and I appreciate it. In case you haven't noticed, I have only two links to other blogs on my site, one of which is The Burr in the Burgh, Pastor Scott's blog. (the other is from a friend of my brother, who I had the pleasure of playing the arcade game "Narc" while he was in college at UT.)

Anyway, I have noticed a continual theme of Pastor Scott's which I identify heavily with. That is the notion that the Bible is somehow a handbook of morality and nothing more. He has on more than one occasion pointed out the error of this kind of thinking, and it has been quite helpful. So, check him out when you get a chance.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Scott Stiegemeyer said...

Thanks for the plug.

I'm pleased that you picked up on that theme in my blog. It's not an intentional theme, but I suppose it makes sense, because that is a pretty important concept for my ministry.

The bible, in my view, is not primarily a moral/political handbook, as you said. Certainly God's Word has much to say on those topics. But fundamentally, the bible is about Jesus, who he is and what he has done for us. Christ at the center. God's Law leads us to Christ because it, like a mirror, shows us our sin and our need for a savior. And it also serves as a guide for Christians to know what God requires in regards to holy living. But Christ crucified first and foremost.

Keep blogging. I enjoy your movie reviews. Do you also read horror fiction?

March 25, 2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

I am not much of a fiction reader. I have recently become rather engaged in the character and stories of Sherlock Holmes. From the silver screen alone is where I derive my appetite for horror.

March 27, 2006 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I became a Stephen King junkie in 1981, and have remained so ever since. I don't actually read a lot of horror fiction, but I have read all of his.

March 27, 2006 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home