Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: A Note About Japanese Steakhouses

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Note About Japanese Steakhouses

I love these places. You know what I am talking about, those hibachi grill places where they cook the food right in front of you? Andi and I try to eat at one of these places a few times a year. Rex and I enjoy dining at them at Epcot.

Anyway, I have found myself after several visits to the Japanese Steakhouse dining experience completely uninterested in the humor and banter that takes place. The spinning of eggs and dry humor that is supposed to make the experience fun is really just getting in the way now days of enjoying the good food. I would like to find a chef who takes his job seriously and never says a word to the patrons. He just shows up and starts going to town on his food and then leaves. That would be perfect.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really that kind of defeats the purpose in a hibachi bar. The idea is to entertain during the meal.

February 06, 2007 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you big moron. What don't you stay at home and eat Ramen Noodles instead!

February 06, 2007 9:37 PM  
Blogger Michael Ruffin said...

Sounds like a good metaphor for effective preaching.

February 07, 2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Kelly Klages said...

I admit that I don't like it when they throw the food *at* you. Entertainment and culinary skill is one thing, but humor relating to having your food missed your plate and hit you in the face yet again is not quite the experience I look for when I go out to eat. :o)

February 08, 2007 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home