Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Captain America - Dead.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Captain America - Dead.


As my loyal Beast's Lair readers know, Captain America is my favorite Superhero. He is dead.

Thanks to my brother-in-law Andy for keeping me up to date on this one. I can only imagine the backlash Marvel comics will receive on this one. A few years ago, Marvel killed off popular heros Hawkeye and the Scarlet Witch. Now Captain America.

My only hope is that this is a gimmick. Perhaps a way to let the character rest for a while and then bring him back when the storyline calls for it. Cap seems to be too big of a Marvel icon to kill him. Not quite as popular as Spiderman and the Hulk, but more important in my opinion and still one of the most beloved of all superheros.

To my fellow Cap lovers out there, I feel your pain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ruffin said...

When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
all those who chose to oppose his shield must yield.

And amen.

March 07, 2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

lol.

Amen and Amen brother!

March 07, 2007 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being an Avengers comic book collector from way back, I have been a Captain America fan since he was found in suspended animation by the Avengers and became (along with Iron Man and Thor) the face of the Avengers for 30+ years. Rest in Peace Wing-Head (as Hawkeye would say).

I guess the All-American Meal at Captain America's Diner in IOA in Orlando will be bittersweet this year when the Beast and I partake during HHN.

March 07, 2007 6:34 PM  
Blogger Frank Gillespie said...

Beast,
All the Captain America comic books (40 years worth) will be available on one DVD in May! GIT Corp is the company putting them out.
Yes it is a gimmick. But it is a cheap one that is uncalled for.

March 09, 2007 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home