Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Family News

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Family News

Check out some cool stuff that is happening with my family.

My brother is currently competing in the National Laser Quest Tournament in Atlanta, GA. I was unable to make the event because of church and school related activities. In the last text message I received from him, he had placed 4th in a practice game before the real competition. I can't describe how good that is.

My niece played a soccer game today (she is 4). She called to tell me that she actually kicked the ball once.

My sister and brother-in-law are continuing to mature and develop into crucial leaders at their church in Nashville. Missy is all but running the children's department and Andy is a prominent figure in the youth department and an integral part of the media team. They are a relatively new family at the church, but God has provided wonderful opportunities for them to be used. I am so proud of them.

My mom recently worked hard at throwing a surprise party for my sister and it was so special. She is still the glue the holds everything together and when I reflect on the unmerited blessings God has given me, and there are many, mom is at the top of the list.

My sister-in-law is doing everything imaginable. Name it, she is doing it. I will have more info on a project I am working with her on soon.

Andi (my wife) is even busier than I. She works so hard, but she is also beginning a discipleship course where she will be leading other ladies through an Elisabeth Elliot book. She is also taking a course at the seminary on the books of Judges and Ruth, as well as developing an increased interest in racquetball. I still can't believe I wake up next to her each day!

I thank God for my family.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ruffin said...

You'd better thank God for that family, my boy! I'll give him thanks for them, too.

September 08, 2007 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration!!!!

September 10, 2007 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is Andi going to be joining me on the racquetball court soon then?

Thank you for your thoughts Brother. And yours as well Mike. But let me tell you about an awesome brother, brother-in-law, and uncle.

His name is Philip Meade. And he is amazing. He sets the standard that I try to reach on so many things. He is much deeper than many may realize (present readers excepted) and man can the guy dance.

I am proud of you Phil. Keep up the good work. I know return to my own school work. Business ethics is so fun. Luckily the Bible gives good inspiration there.

Proverbs 21:5, "The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty."

Good theme right?

Love ya!!

September 22, 2007 11:15 PM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

Thank you, Andy. Love ya brother.

September 23, 2007 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home