Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Dollywood - The Blazing Fury in 2008

Monday, November 12, 2007

Dollywood - The Blazing Fury in 2008

The Blazing Fury in Dollywood, TN remains my favorite coaster attraction in the world. (well, The Beast at King's Island is probably my favorite). The Blazing Fury is an indoor coaster that was way ahead of its time.

I have just read that Dollywood will be doing some major overhauls to the ride in anticipation of its 30 year anniversay next year. This is both good, and of course, potentially bad. However, I am confident that Dollywood is not stupid enough to change anything major to the ride, since it has been a staple of what makes that park so great for 30 years! They better not change the audio to "Now, now Molly, you be careful, I've got a bad back!" Or, "Kiss!??? Looks like you've been kissing a steam train."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beast,
Im not sure I'm to excited about this?!! It is by far my favorite coaster still going for reasons that can't really be explained. I agree with you that D-Wood should not make to many changes. Simple updates would be good enough for me. If they change the start of the ride I will go into a major depression.I'm Looking forward to making a visit to check it out.

"FIRE IN THE WHOLE"
Hank Galoop....

November 14, 2007 2:04 AM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

I'm with ya JA. The only thing I can think of more depressing would be if Hulk Hogan lost to The Rock at Wrestlemania.

November 14, 2007 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.That would/could never happen. We all know that!!

November 15, 2007 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home