Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: The Beast's Horror Pick of the Week

Monday, November 21, 2005

The Beast's Horror Pick of the Week


Event Horizon

My most vivid memory of viewing this film in the theatre is walking out, and making sure my life was right with God. This flick is downright eerie in every possible way.

I am not a huge space-horror guy. Alien and Aliens were great. But this one is a must see for fans of "Whoa, did you see that?" horror. Anyone see the ring? Remember the sequence of "I saw her face" and then the immediate shot to the closet door opening and the girl sitting in the closet floor with the horrid face? You basically get that the entire movie in Event Horizon, but what you are seeing when they flash you the imagery is not a dead girl, but images of Hell. And they make it look downright terrifying.

Now, I am not a big believer in "shock horror", cheap scares, etc. But those images combined with a good script and great performances by Sam Neill and Laurence Fishburne make this an addition to the Beast Picks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Scott Stiegemeyer said...

I have to admit that I am also a fan of "Event Horizon." There are just some movies that stay in your head. And this one, like "The Ring," is one of them. I agree with you comments.

November 21, 2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I did not get this movie at all. I seriously had no clue what I was watching. Granted I saw it several years ago and don't remember anything about it. But it was just wierd man.

By the way, they are making Saw III already.

December 16, 2005 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home