Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Terror at Public Storage

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Terror at Public Storage

The Dr. and I were rehearsing for this weekends gig last Thursday night. The Doc left at around 9:45 and I was going to stay behind to work on some stuff for a few minutes. We rehearse in a storage area with a security gate. You have to know a password to get in and out. Well, when I left around 10:30, the password was not working. I was sitting in my car, staring at a gate trapped inside the public storage area. So, I turned around to ask one of the other bands who might be rehearsing to try their password. Usually, there are at least 4 other bands rehearsing at all hours of the night. NO ONE was there. I was by myself. I just sat there a while, and not only did no one approach the building, but no one even drove down the street where the building is located. Twilight Zone man. I even laid flat on my back and slid under the security gate to try the password from the other side. It just wasn't happening. If I had not had my cell phone, I would have been spending the night at public storage.

As it happened, my sister and mom were heading out to Wal-Mart about that time and they came by and picked me up. I left my car in the storage area and left through a gate that was luckily open. What a night.