Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: All thanks goes to mom

Friday, October 21, 2005

All thanks goes to mom


She started the ball rolling with my love of Halloween. I can remember our house at at Halloween time, it was perfect. You see, it's all about atmosphere. Mom could make a room come alive with Halloween flavor with just a candle and a pumpkin. I remember sitting in the living room, just soaking it in. Every year, my love for the holiday grew stronger and stronger.

When I was in the 9th grade I believe it was, I started the first annual Meade's Haunted Mansion at my house. On Halloween night, trick-or-treaters would have the chance to go through a haunted house that mom and dad allowed me to create in our downstairs. All my friends got in on the fun and we spent hours creating the rooms and going over the script.

Word of mouth spread so much, that by the 2nd year, we had children lined up through our front yard, and the police had to come and make sure everyone was safe because parents in their cars were creating a traffic jam. We did Meade's Haunted Mansion for 4 years. When I left for college, kids were asking where the haunted house was on Halloween night. I was sad to let them down.

To this day, I visit every Haunted House I can and my home is always filled with spooky things. Tonight, I purchased with my wife something I am very excited about. It is a lamp flicker music thing. You plug your lamp(s) into this bad boy and it play spooky music. The lights then flicker with the music. Incredible. I also dress up every year. Last year, I went as the famous pirate from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean. You can see my pic above. I'm not sure about this years costume, but I have a party in just a couple of days, so I better get on the move.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

That Pirates of the Caribbean costume looks GREAT! Who would have known you were dressed up as Elizabeth Swann? :)

October 21, 2005 11:56 AM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

arr, I've killed men for saying less. Or something.

October 21, 2005 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... milf seeker samantha acne spironolactone treat French country kitchen plans Custome body kit Icemaker water filter free baccarat game huge cock dped clean coffee makers cuisinart coffee maker Step by step how to remove windshield washers &apos &apos &apos12 volt coffee maker &apos Alabama law non pyment of debts

March 06, 2007 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home