Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Captain America

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Captain America


After reading the Inn of the Last Home, I decided to go ahead and let the loyal Beast Lair readers know that I fully support Captain America as the all time greatest super hero. Obviously, the beauty of comic books is that everyone has a favorite super hero, there is no right or wrong. But for The Beast, "Cap" is in a league of his own.

Coming in second place for me is Reed Richards, aka, Mister Fantastic. BTW, I was a fan long before the lame movie.

In the DC world of comics, Superman is really the only one who I enjoy, and I don't read the comic. He is just a legend, the first real super hero. I never got into Batman or any of the other DC heros (Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc).

Below is a picture of me with Captain America, a proud moment for me. I was waiting in line to meet him with a bunch of 11 year olds. When he saw that I was next in line, and wearing his shirt, he said one thing to me that I will never forget. . ."this means a lot to me."

Whew, what a moment.

5 Comments:

Blogger Frank Gillespie said...

I think Captain America is a great character that has always been hindered by poor writing over the years. It’s a shame that more attention hasn’t been paid to his solo title. While there have been some good writing over the years in the solo title, the Avengers shouldn’t have been the only place to catch a great Cap story.
In the Marvel universe, I would go with your second choice- Reed Richards. In DC’s universe, I’ve always liked the Batman.

May 16, 2006 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"She called me Adam Ant....at least it could have been Ant Man." A disgusted Captain America to the Beast and Rexwilder at Captain America's Diner--Universal Studios Orlando.

May 16, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

Frank,

I agree with you, Cap is at his best in the Avengers stories. However, they have recently started over with Captain America (beginning at #1 again) and the writing is improving.

Rex,

That is one of the greatest IOA moments of all time. I actually blogged about that when it happened.

http://philipmeade.blogspot.com/2005/07/first-day-of-vacation.html

May 16, 2006 6:52 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

It wasn't until the relatively recent "Winter Soldier / Bucky" storyline that I really appreciated Cap. You're right, he's just one of the all-time greatest.

Having said that, I still can't get past that giant forehead A. It just looks silly.

May 18, 2006 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

March 02, 2007 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home