Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Mystery Mine Review from Dollywood

Monday, April 16, 2007

Mystery Mine Review from Dollywood

I am safely home from my quick 2 day journey to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN. We all had a great time and it was cool to experience Dollywood and Gatlinburg with several youth who had never been to either.

I have been waiting for about a year for the new roller coaster "Mystery Mine" to open. I am thrilled to say that I was able to ride the new coaster on opening day at Dollywood with Andi. The coaster is both an indoor and outdoor coaster that serves as kind of a dark ride/coaster in one. The unique aspect of this coaster is that it has an 85 foot drop at at 95 degree angle. In other words, you are literally going straight down. I think this coaster is definitely worth the first ride experience. Perhaps after 5 or 6 rides on this thing it would begin to get a little tiresome, but the first experience was breathtaking. The last 45 seconds of the coaster are truly amazing. So, my expectations were definitely met and I look forward to getting a few more rides on it in the future.

Just as exciting for me was the opportunity to take 6 teenagers through the "World of Illusions" in Gatlinburg. (To read my previous post about The World of Illusions, click here.) Although they perhaps did not quite see the brilliance of this establishment in the same light as me, they still had a great time. Since the same people own "The Hauntings" in Gatlinburg, they gave us free admission into The Hauntings which was great! "You Haven't Lived Until We've Scared You To Death!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So close yet you didn't stop by. It's ok. I am glad you enjoyed the ride I can't wait to go ride on it. Still thinking of you.
Brinkley

April 19, 2007 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home