Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: The Beast Sings Country

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Beast Sings Country

Yep. Today I had the pleasure of singing the hit song "Lost in this Moment" by country stars Big and Rich. And I sang it at a wedding.

I enjoy leading worship and my voice is well suited to singing simple praise and worship choruses. Usually, when approached to participate in a wedding, I am asked to either perform the wedding or read Scripture or speak in some way. Those kinds of things are typically where I feel my strength lies. But this time, I was asked to sing Big and Rich. For some reason, I said "sure."

Today, a teenager and I (whose name is Jacob), ran through a soundcheck of the song about an hour before the wedding. Jacob was playing through a Crate Half Stack and SG guitar. It was pretty funny to see at a wedding. After our initial run through of the song, my first response came from two elderly ladies sitting in the back. They simply said to me, "that was loud."

As for the actual performance, we did a pretty good job. We got lost just a little on the second verse, but for the most part it was solid. I am not looking to perform any additional country songs anytime soon, but this was a neat experience.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dare I ask-- was this during a church service?

August 12, 2007 12:46 AM  
Blogger PhilipMeade.com said...

Kelly,

The song was performed at a wedding - so yes. Which leads to another interesting topic, what is acceptable at weddings and funerals?

August 12, 2007 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home