Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Andi Meade and Callie Grace

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Andi Meade and Callie Grace

Tonight Andi and I were watching the Republican National Convention coverage. There was a video tribute to former president Ronald Reagan. Toward the end of the video, there was a quote recited from Reagan's diary from the entry just after his assassination attempt. He said that among all the blessings that God had given him, the most important to him was his wife, Nancy.

I know what he means.

I'm not a good enough writer to express what my wife means to me. To compare a dark August day in south Georgia just 6 years ago with my situation today, the only words I know to utter is that The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.

But the story continues with a little girl named Callie Grace. We have now had two baby showers for Callie and the outpouring of support, love, and gifts has been overwhelming. Andi and I are so blessed with a family who loves us, friends who support us, and a church family who are as excited as we are (well, maybe not quite as excited.)


I spent almost 3 hours on Monday putting together my daughter's dresser. I had to go to Lowe's to purchase 4 pieces that the manufacturer left out of the box. Thankfully, Lowe's had them in stock (thanks to the super helpful dude at Lowe's!) Her room is starting to come together, the only thing we have to do now is organize about 200 pieces of baby clothing and figure out how the diaper champ works. Andi and I start our hospital classes on Thursday, I think the first one is infant CPR.

Only a few weeks left! I am excited. But more than that, I feel a deep sense of responsibility and awe that I get to share with a new baby girl the incredible, amazing, and undeniable love of God. I get to tell her about the power of God who created all things. I get to tell her about the enormity of God who sees the inhabitants of the earth as mere grasshoppers. I get to tell her about the closeness of God who will never leave or forsake her. I get to tell her about the grace of God who provided a Savior for her.

There is much to tell. I can't wait to get started.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ruffin said...

Amen and amen.

September 03, 2008 8:36 AM  
Blogger stephsorrell said...

that due date seems to get closer and closer... what awesome parents you will be! I am so excited for you! before you know it she will start her first day of preschool... Lizzie started yesterday. Wow... it was hard. love you both!

September 05, 2008 12:38 PM  
Blogger JenDoh said...

alright, so I'm a girl, so its somewhat to be expected.... but this post made me cry.

September 08, 2008 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home