Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: The Van Part II

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Van Part II

Today, I actually got to drive the van that I have been talking about. To catch you up, my band, Judah First, recently killed a very nice Ford Windstar in the middle of nowhere, VA. We have been without a vehicle to tour in and I have a friend who has been keeping a lookout for me.

Well, he found a 1988 model Chevy Vantura Mark III 2500 series. I had never heard of a Vantura either (no, not Ventura) but this bad boy is something else. It has 4 captains chairs that fold all the way down, and a huge bench seat in the back that folds down into a bed. There is a built in cooler in the back of the van, that smells amazingly like my dad's tackle box that he had for ever. That brought back some memories. "boys, I can't see my float."

Anyway, the Vantura ( like typing that), has only 86,000 miles on it, seeming impossible for a 1988 model on a vehicle that has a 350 engine, designed to go hundreds of thousands of miles. So, I politely asked if that was a bunch of garbage, and he informed me that it is against the law to misrepresent the mileage on the title, so he is certain the mileage is correct. I of course realized that people always go by the law, and so I am confident that the mileage is, in fact, correct.

Once I got on the road with it, I was pleasantly surprised. It drove great, and it blows super cold air. Basically, those are the only two things I care about. I am going back tomorrow to talk with him some more, but things are looking good for JF's third "Judah One" vehicle. (the first was a super cool 2001 chevy blazer).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Boy's... I'm cleaning ass!!"

July 08, 2005 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home