Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: A Good Saturday

Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Good Saturday

Today was a fun day. I had the chance to eat lunch with an old friend who I had not seen in quite a long time, and we ate at Calypsso Cafe, which has some killer chicken salad. He is also a minister and we wasted no time getting straight into a lengthy and deep theological conversation on the proper hermeneutical, historical method approach to scripture. Okay, actually we talked about movies, music and the overseas adoption process, which he and his wife are currently in the middle of. At any rate, it was good to see him and we headed over to Hollywood 27 to catch a movie, Cinderella Man, which we had both somehow missed out on. We came an inch of going to see Star Wars Episode III again, but decided to stay with Cinderella Man. I'm glad we did.

Ever since I stepped foot into the Islands of Adventure's Marvel Super Hero Island, I have been collecting Captain America, The Avengers, and Fantastic Four comic books. Needless to say, I have been rather looking forward to the release of the motion picture. However, after viewing the trailers, I am kind of depressed. It just looks terrible. I will be seeing it soon enough, so I will be sure to let you know if it was better than my reaction to the trailer.

I was able to meet two of Andi's friends tonight, and they are very sweet. It's good to have friends, especially ones that are actually interested in your life. Which seems to be rather rare. We watched "Hitch" tonight at Andi's house, and although that particular movie was not on my top 1o of the next movies I wanted to see, it was cute and funny. In case you are curious about my top 10 movies I want to see, well, here they are:

The Beast's Top 10 Movies I Want To See Next:
1. Fantastic Four
2. War of the Worlds
3. Dark Water
4. The Devil's Rejects
5. The Skeleton Key
6. Undead
7. Star Wars (again)

Ok, there is only 7 for now. But, many cool horror flicks are soon coming, and I will talk more about those later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Don't get your hopes up for War of the Worlds...trust me.

July 12, 2005 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

February 06, 2007 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home