Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: The Wedding

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Wedding


You dream of the big day, the day when you will give your life and heart to another person, and they will give you theirs. Everyone wants a perfect, story-book wedding. Well, here's the thing. In my case, the wedding did not have a chance to be anything other than story-book, simply because of who I was marrying. I have never, nor will I ever see someone as beautiful as Andi that day. As devastatingly beautiful as she is, her heart and character is what continues to dazzle my mind, and leave me thanking God once again for blessing me with her as my wife.

The ceremony was simply perfect, with our families and friends present and a church full of supporting smiles. Andi's friends were completely there for her, decorating and providing continuing support in every other way imaginable. It was so good to see her surrounded by people who loved her and wanted the very best for her. In my corner were the few people who I know I can always count on. My brother, my other brother Andy, James Aaron and Jason Baker. I want to let you know something about Jason.

We had not talked in over 2 years. But, the three of us (James Aaron, Jason and myself) were best of friends in middle and high school. We did absolutely everything together, and they lived at my house half of the time. It was the trio that we thought would live on forever. Well, once I headed to college and got into the "real" world, Jason and I drifted apart a little, not because of any negative reason, it was just life. He got married and things were busy for both of us. But check this out. . .when he heard I was getting married, he told me he would be there no matter what. His wife is 8 months pregnant! But nothing would stop him from being there with his friend. So, leaving his 8 month pregnant wife at home in Kingsport, TN, he set out to Nashville and we had such a great time together. Friday night, we all went out and hit go-carts, laserquest, and bowling till 4 in the morning. It was great! It was really like no time had passed between high school and getting together again years later. It meant so much to have him there with me.

James Aaron and I have remained closest of friends throughout the years, and he is of course in Judah First with me. JA (James Aaron) and Jason almost did not make it to the wedding (which was a bit of a scare since JA was in the wedding party!) due to a major wreck on I-24 in Nashville. It took them hours to get out of it. But, they did make it and JA gave me a hand written letter when he got there. It was just minutes before the wedding, but we spent a few minutes together, just him and me, and it was very special. The letter meant so much, it said how much our relationship has meant to him and how it will never die. He then sang the best song he has ever sung in his life during the ceremony, absolutely breath taking.

My brother Rex was my best man and he has been so good to me. Rex and I are an interesting pair. Our lives have taken us down very different roads. We view the world very differently. But, we connect with each other in a powerful way, and I suspect that our up-bringing, from the best parents in the world, is still what drives the both of us, and we both come from the same school in that department. Gary gave a toast at the wedding that was heart felt and brought tears to the entire reception party, including Gary himself. I won't forget it. I always look forward to the next time I can see Gary.

My sister Melissa (Missy as I have called her since I was born), is the most defensive sister in the world. She is always looking out for me and genuinely wants the best for me and my life. It was such a relief and blessing to be backstage before the wedding and have her tell me in tears how happy she is for me and how Andi is the perfect lady for me. I have dated 2 other girls before and she never told me that about either. Missy and I have a special relationship that is unique. I was so happy and blessed to have her at my wedding. She married such a great guy in Andy, and he and I have developed a strong connection, thanks to the force. Andy is another person who I know I can count on, and I was so glad he was a part of the Friday night fun and the wedding party! I am so happy to know that Bella has a great father in Andy. And I have never seen a better mom than Missy. (She is even up there with our mom!)

Which brings me to mom. Apart from Andi, she is the person I love most in this world. She still is so important to me and I still learn from her. I still feel "safe" when I am in her presence. She looked so beautiful at the wedding and I thank her so much for all the help. She loves Andi so much, which is so important to me. I know it was a tough night for her, I am the last of the children to get married and it was a lonely pew next to her.

Which brings me to dad. I found myself alone a few minutes before the wedding and I was going over things that dad would be saying to me. He had the most amazing way of being able to balance treating me like a man, with solid advice. . .and treating me like his son, with a hug and tears. He would have found Andi before the wedding, he would have told her she looked beautiful and then he would have found his wife. I miss him more than I even realize. But something amazing happened tonight. Andi and I were working on our apartment, and I was leaving to take a load of trash to the dumpster. As I left, I yelled to Andi in the other room, "baby, come lock your door." As I was walking down the stairs, I realized that I had stolen that line from dad, verbatim. Even the inflection he used to say it in. I was smiling as I got into my car because I realized that my dad lives! He lives through me. And what a responsibility I have to take seriously the name of my father, as a son, as a brother, and most importantly, as a husband.

If you are still reading at this point, I am impressed. I am writing this for my own selfish archive of information, which I guess is what a blog is for. I guess.

To all the people who made my wedding day the perfect day, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are loved.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as Andi has gained a husband, I have gained a brother...and I could not ask for more than what I see in you. I am so happy that Andi found you and I know that only God could have brought the two of you together, so nothing will ever part you.

For years I worried no man would ever be worthy of calling her "wife," as she is truly the most beautiful woman I have ever met, inside and out. Then, out of the blue...there you were! I know you see her for who she is and how truly special she is, and that makes me happier than you can ever know.

Thank you, for being who you are and for loving my sister for who she is. You are an answer to my prayers just as you are an answer to hers. I love you both, and I am proud to call you brother. May God bless you and keep you always.

~Erin

October 09, 2005 5:53 PM  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Congratulations, and many happy years for you and Andi!

October 13, 2005 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Prepare for microsoft certification practice exam software Jaguar type body kits pamela anderson pissing Information phone numbers for medical coding online wheel chair lift manufacturer uk 2005 subaru legacy wagon Subaru wrx ecu avcs ativan lorazepam Begining body building

March 05, 2007 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home