Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Monday, November 21, 2005

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Andi and I saw the 4th installment of the Potter series tonight. After sitting through literally 25 minutes of previews (including one of King Kong, can't wait! By the way, King Kong is distributed by Universal Pictures. Too bad Kong has been removed from Universal Studios in FL, replaced by Revenge of the Mummy.) Where was I? Oh yeah, we got through the previews and the film began. Here is the deal:

I liked the movie. It is entertaining and fun. But, I have one major problem with the entire Harry Potter series. The rules are made up as they go. I hate that. I am all for imagination and movies that "can't really happen," that is the beauty of Hollywood. But, you must maintain a framework of "can't really happen." The most vivid imaginations come from those who can create something extraordinarily different, and make it make sense. Things must have consistency. But, in the Potter movies, if someone needs to all of a sudden walk through a wall that they couldn't 5 minutes ago, no problem! We'll just make up some reason why they can now. I guess it is all summed up in the "magic", but there needs to be more framework involved.

The best example I know is Star Wars. These films deal with an entire different world and people, but it is within a framework. Jedi are not all of a sudden going to be able to fly. Lucas knows that would be stupid. (which, by the way, I was disappointed in episode II when all of a sudden R2D2 could "fly" by using jet propelled legs. Something he could have used all the time in the original trilogy.) Anyway, I think you see my point.

Oh, and it is PG-13 for a reason. There are a few fairly dark scenes.

3 Comments:

Blogger CDOToday Admin said...

Hello, nice blog.. I love Harry Potter but this time I didn't watch yet the fourth installment of it, the Goblet of fire... I have no time yet to watch it, maybe this weekend... that's why for now I keep on reading here at the net about the movie so that I can have ideas about the movie and can understand it when I watch it soon... Thanks... Your Blog rocks...

November 23, 2005 1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

January 31, 2007 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Commicom tv Travel insurance au affordable life insurance quote flood insurance in new orleans lose weight to freedom United airlines websiste

February 23, 2007 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home