Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: First day of Vacation

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

First day of Vacation

Today I flew into Orlando to meet up with Rex and get our first day of the week started. I simply hate being away from Andi, and that makes the trip not quite as sweet as normal, but it was good to see Rex and be back in my favorite vacation spot.

The day got off to a rather hilarious start as we headed into IOA (Islands of Adventure) and went straight to captain America's Diner to eat the greatest cheeseburger combo in the world. Captain America is my favorite comic hero, and amazingly, he was IN THE DINER talking to the guests. Well, when Rex and I sat down, he was at the table right behind us. Then, I heard the most depressing and disturbing question ever. The lady at the table behind us asked Captain America if he was Adam Ant. Adam Ant? I mean come up, Adam Ant was a 80's pop star. Not only is Captain America the greatest super hero ever, but we were in his diner. Cap then comes to our table, and Rex and I try to make him feel better by telling him that he is still the greatest. He then said to us, in quite a defeated tone, that "the woman over there asked if I was Adam Ant." We found it quite funny that he told us, and could tell that it was annoying to him at the least. After Cap left our table, Rex and I laughed for about 5 minutes, and then wolfed down some cheeseburgers and fries.

We then rode the dragons and River Adventure, headed out to grab some Dews and D-nuts, and then back to the parks to ride the water rides. We are probably going to go buy a television tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Don't forget to go have a sub at Dagwood's!

July 26, 2005 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home