Optional page text here. The Beast's Lair: The Proposal

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Proposal

Yesterday was just a great day. I officially proposed to my fiancee and had a terrific talk with her father. I would get into the nice details of how that proposal thing happened, but come on, some things don't need to be shared with the world. October 1st is the big day, and I couldn't be more excited and anxious to start my new life with her.

In the world of Judah First, our new record Devil's Dice is starting to create a little stir in the Christian metal world. People are talking about the record and seem to be enjoying the music. You go into making an album like this with the mindset of "I am making this for me. . .if people hate it, I don't care." To some degree, I feel that way. If I was forced to write and record music I didn't connect with or enjoy, then what would be the point. On the other hand, no matter how much of a "this is for me" attitude you have, you still want people to like your music when it is all said and done. Of course, not everyone is going to, but it is encouraging to hear that at least some are loving the new songs.

If you haven't heard the music, go to www.myspace.com/judahfirst and check it out. If you have a myspace account, be sure and add us as a friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Hey, congratulations! I hope the two of you have a warm, wonderful life together!

July 15, 2005 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home